Blog postOur featured Post
- Full Time
- Remote Only
Seeking an experienced Business Analyst with expertise in the Healthcare Insurance vertical for a healthcare software development project.
The position entails defining and analyzing requirements with a deep understanding of the current environment, data structures, business processes and integration with other business systems.
This role will be responsible for proactively identifying and mastering the ongoing requirements from the business units and driving the delivery of appropriate and high quality solutions for complex business problems.
Critically evaluating information gathered from multiple sources and reconciling discrepancies to transpose high-level information into a general understanding, distinguishing user requests from the business needs.
- Elicit and document business and functional requirements for system redesign and development. Gather and document detailed specifications on business process and workflow as needed.
- Translate functional requirements into technical requirements working directly with developers to ensure solid understanding and execution
- Write User Stories and acceptance criteria that are easy to understand, helping to groom product backlogs, and performing testing.
- Interact with development team and relay client expectations and communications to the team for adhering to project timelines, and delivering the solutions to the client expectations
- Interact with testers to ensure a complete and comprehensive understanding of testing requirements, development of scenarios and plans.
- Collaborate with PMs, product owners, client stakeholders and Scrum team to perform backlog grooming and Sprint story selection
- Develop Test plans, perform functional testing, regression testing and keep track of all the new developments
- Develop in-depth Subject Matter Expert (SME) knowledge in areas assigned and sharing this knowledge with other team members.
- 6+ years of experience as a Business Analyst.
- Experience working with Healthcare systems, such as Cerner, McKesson, Epic, NextGen, Meditech, etc.
- Solid understanding of HIPAA regulatory compliance
- Excellent communication skills, writing skills as well as presentation skills.
- Experience working with developers, business users as well as management.
- Solid expertise in business process modeling, requirement analysis and design.
- Experience in User Acceptance Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing Performance Testing and Functional Testing.
- Strong expertise in Health Insurance Claims process,
- Experience in writing Use cases and Functional Requirement Document.
- Organized, goal-oriented, self-starter, and ability to master new technologies, manage multiple tasks while following through from start to completion.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Quality Assurance experience
- Agile Development (Scrum/Kanban), including use of tools like Jira, Confluence, Zephyr and Slack. Ability to update and maintain user stories and tasks.
- CRM experience (e.g. Microsoft D365)
- Broad knowledge of Test plans, Test cases and test scripts from the Requirements Document.
- Good knowledge of SQL.
- Expertise in financial analysis
- Knowledge of HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) transaction codes such as 270/271 (inquire/response health care benefits), 276/277 (claim status), 835 (payment or remittance advice), 837 (health care claim) and HL7
Must be responsive to emails and available at least 20 hours per week during US business hours.
Must be available between 8 am and 4 pm CST, on as needed basis for meetings. Otherwise, can work on deliverables on weekends or off-hours.
Must be fluent in English.
Please include a resume, hourly rate and weekly available hours, to be considered.
Only interested in individual freelancers, not companies.
During the interview you will be asked to walk through an example of a business or product requirement that you created in one of your previous projects.
Work from home. No travel required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org